Amazon’s IT Services Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Technician spends their day fielding incoming support chats, calls and online requests on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
- Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A