Our WW Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Area Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of hourly workforce and will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. You will also play a key role in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
- Lift up to 49 pounds and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
- Stand/walk for up to 12 hours during shifts
- Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
- Continuously climb and descend stairs (applies to sites with stairs)
- Work in an environment that is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments)
- Support, mentor, and motivate your hourly workforce
- Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Engineering, Loss Prevention, Quality Assurance, Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing a team of 20+ employees
- Experience with process improvements (Lean process, Kaizen, and/or Six Sigma)
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or a related field.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Industry experience in: retail, F&B, military, manufacturing, automotive, biotech, electronics, energy, instrumentation, machinery, defense/aerospace, medical, cosmetics, production or distribution environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A