Website Value Village
Supports Value Village / Savers vision by directing all Shipping, Receiving, and Sorting, of goods. Assists Warehouse Supervisor in day to day operation of the department.
- Facilitates efficient use of warehouse space to warehouse and ship seasonal product.
- Coordinates the shipping of product.
- Daily planning for TM’s and if needed, bringing in temporary workers to meet staffing requirements.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials and machinery (conveyor, balers, forklifts and tractor/trailers).
- Oversees quality control of stores inbound and customers outbound product.
- Establish working relationships with warehouse vendors and works with management when new vendors are required.
- Monitors and reviews all equipment, procedures and practices to ensure proper safety and work conditions are met according to VVS / Savers policies and applicable provincial and federal laws.
- Participates on and leads department or company-wide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
- Supervises and leads the Shipping and Receiving, Belts, Purses and Backpack and Vintage teams in the execution and delivery of services by training, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Coordinates the direction of all inbound and outbound rag inventory for storage and export/sale.
- Assists management in TM reviews.
- Assists management in TM disciplinary actions including documenting incidents, conflict resolution and defining solutions.
- Ability to make and influence decisions
- Demonstrated skills in inventory management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- One to two years of warehouse supervisory experience or related supervisory experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 1 – 2 years in warehouse operations and production.
- Forklift Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of unloading shipping containers
- Working knowledge of weighing disposal equations against recovery
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of store operations
- Working knowledge of Provincial and VVS / Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Ability to create reports and assign orders to appropriate locations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Working knowledge of the local area
- Demonstrated skills in supervision, management and leadership
Company: Value Village
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A