Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
This position is located at the Cheyenne Health Care System in Cheyenne, Wyoming and will provide a combination of General and Specialty Mental Health services assigned as a collaborative member of the Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP)/Specialty Mental Health Services, providing high quality, collaborative, and coordinated mental and behavioral health care to Veterans within the Mental Health Service Line (MHSL).
- Provides interventions independently with Veterans and their families/caregivers who are experiencing a wide range of complicated medical, behavioral health, financial, legal, and psychosocial problems.
- Independently formulates and implements a treatment plan in collaboration with the Veteran and families/caregivers when appropriate; participates in interdisciplinary review of ongoing treatment of assigned Veterans on an annual and as-needed basis.
- Provides a range of interventions and treatment modalities which may include individual, group, and/or family counseling or psychotherapy, within scope of licensure.
- Provides crisis intervention when indicated, including timely assessment of at-risk Veterans in crisis to identify immediate needs, evaluate risk, and initiate safety plan as appropriate.
- Provides ongoing documentation of Veteran’s treatment progress using a psychosocial and behavioral framework.
- Provides clinical case management and care coordination to facilitate appropriate delivery of health care services, incorporating complex multiple causation in differential diagnosis and treatment of Veterans.
- Works collaboratively with Interdisciplinary Treatment Teams. Establishes and sustains collaborative relationship with BHIP and Specialty MH providers and other team members providing care to assigned Veterans.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cheyenne, WY, US
Application Deadline: N/A