The Associate Director of Consumer Communications will build narratives, PR campaigns, and press stories that promote our content and creators across multiple verticals including gaming, music, sports, and more. Twitch has seen exponential growth, and we are looking for someone that help us continue that momentum in the consumer media space.
You’ll work with several teams internally, including the Business Development, Music and Sports teams, Marketing, and Partnerships, to develop strategic and creative PR plans that highlight our content and creators to U.S. press. Over the past year, we have seen some of the biggest gaming moments happen live, only-on-Twitch content around the most popular sports events in the world, musicians creating entire albums with their community – and we are just getting started.
You are creative and have experience leading PR campaigns that center around content, talent or creators. You are curious about how things work and can bring a compelling story to life with few details. You spot issues before they happen, can quickly build trusted relationships with partners, think and work with multiple teams, and excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Have trusted relationships with top reporters across areas such as consumer, entertainment, lifestyle, music, sports, and gaming
- Identify opportunities to engage creators and viewers around current events or other company/cultural or industry moments
- Be a trusted, strategic advisor to peers and executives
- Develop consumer and entertainment PR strategies across multiple verticals
- Create the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch and our gaming and non-gaming verticals to develop stories that translate to broad consumer audiences
- Help to manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to craft messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- Sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- 8+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Experience leading campaigns or programs around content or talent/creator storytelling
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets across multiple verticals
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort being a company spokesperson
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A