Website Tennessee Valley Authority
The purpose of this position is to develop, maintain, and execute an environmental audit program that will look at the operational and regulatory environmental compliance of TVA’s generating assets including Nuclear, Coal, Gas, and Hydro. This program also includes audits of Transmission, Facilities, and other TVA assets to ensure environmental compliance. In additon, this program reviews and audits the regulatory and programmatic governance and oversight functions of TVA’s Environmental organization to ensure all requirements are being met. This position will have supervisory and budget responsibility over audit contractors, as well as over TVA personnel assigned to support.
- Provides independent review associated with programs and processes within the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Responsible for the development, update, maintenance, and execution of TVA’s Envrioinmental Audit procedure.
Utilizes the TVA Corrective Action Program (CAP) to ensure tracking, trending, and timely resolution of findings. Evaluates the effectiveness for actions taken to address audit identified findings and issues.
- Performs audit training, including initial training to the program, deficiency training, re-qualification if needed, standard review and new regulation training and simulation into the program.
- Demonstrates technical competence and credibility. Constantly seeks to improve knowledge of auditing techniques, regulations, and other areas audited/assessed as appropriate (e.g., self assessment, Regulations, audit best pratcices, etc.). Pursues self-development efforts.
- Applies sound and diversified knowledge of performance and effectiveness-based audit and assessment principles. Works independently when required, interfaces effectively with industry personnel, and achieves results in terms of measurable improvements.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The incumbent must possess effective verbal and written communications skills; good leadership skills to manage environmental audit oversight activities. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions including access to TVA’s generating assets.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS degree in Environment related field, engineering, audit, QA/QC or other related field
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A