Website Tractor Supply
This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive customer shopping experience and performing operational activities throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and delegating of daily tasks.
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties.
- Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives, feed management, and inventory control.
- Operate cash register/computer
- Assist customers with loading purchases.
- Supervise cash handling procedures.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Operate Forklift and Baler
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm calls as needed.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive experience.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register).
Company: Tractor Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A