You will report into a Works Controller (LV Cables) and is responsible for assisting senior staff in ensuring that the Cables Assets are maintained and delivered into service in a safe and timely manner. In addition to this, is to support other London Underground and wider TfL business units whenever instructed to by their Line Manager
- Gather information
- Deal promptly and effectively with problems within his/her control.
- Report to other deviations which cannot be solved
- Assemble tools, equipment, and materials
- Report lack of information to relevant persons
- Establish and maintain communication with the relevant persons
- Complete documentation in accordance with company procedures
- Take action to rectify the defective asset.
- Follow the correct process/operations for the allocated task
- Check tools, equipment and materials for fitness for purpose.
- Ensure the site is secure
- Good interpersonal, numerical and written skills. Essential.
- Site Person in Charge
- Prescribed Track Certification
- Takes responsibility, accountability, and ownership
- Up to 1 years experience in HV/LV Cables maintenance and installation. Desirable.
- Capable of self-development
- Holds prescribed skills training and safety courses
- Working knowledge of DC (Traction and Non-Traction) and LV & HV AC power systems. Desirable.
- NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in Engineering/Technical discipline. Essential.
- Embraces change and drives innovation
- Delivers quality and customer satisfaction
- Protecting Workers on the Track
- LUCAS Card or equivalent
- Substation Access
- Team working
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nazeing, GB
Application Deadline: N/A