You will be responsible for a variety of key/critical activities that ensure the smooth running of the Director’s office including responding on behalf of the Director to all Mayoral questions and Freedom of Information requests. Leading on all external correspondence you will need to have strong stakeholder skills and a good understanding of the political environment in which TFL operates.
- Co-ordinates and edits briefing notes for internal and external use to ensure that a positive and accurate message is provided at all times with appreciation for political sensitivities.
- Supports directorate departments in achieving customer service performance targets for responding to customer / Mayors / MP inquiries etc. and works to improve quality metrics associated with customer correspondence.
- Supporting the governance process for the MD’s office/directorate to ensure submissions to board meetings are accurate, politically appropriate, approved and on time by working with the correct departments within and outside the directorate
- Providing guidance to senior managers on behalf of the Director in the preparation of key management documents.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships within and outside of the directorate, (e.g. with Government, the Mayor’s office, the Boroughs and other TfL departments and in particular the Surface MD’s office), to ensure the effective running of the Director’s office.
- Supports Directorate governance through submission and forward planning of approvals and strategy papers.
- Managing the flow of information within the directorate to ensure excellent quality processing and resolution of politically sensitive communications with key internal/external stakeholders in the production of high-level reports, papers, publications, briefing notes, Mayor’s Questions and general correspondence and enquiries.
- Leading on managing the flow of management information within the directorate, being accountable for ensuring all reporting procedures are met
- Information governance – Intermediate
- Information management and reporting – Advanced
- Self-motivated, must be able to work well within a team and independently, and to respond flexibly and quickly to a range of requests – Advanced
- Experience of working with and balancing the needs of a number of key stakeholder groups, influencing and promoting cohesiveness.
- Proven ability to influence at a senior level, including successfully facilitating joint decision-making.
- Experience of reporting and presenting information to board and senior management levels.
- Experience of working within a large and complex organisation with a high customer service ethos.
- Experience of handling and responding to politically sensitive and high-profile external queries and correspondence.
- Analyse and present business data – Advanced
- Managing Resources – Intermediate
- Ability to gain a Good knowledge of TfL’s Policies and procedures quickly – Intermediate
- Good written communication skills with the ability to interpret complex information and adopt different styles of writing to suit audience – Advanced
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, respond quickly to developing events, produce accurate information, and draft responses and reports within tight time scales – Advanced
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ilford, GB
Application Deadline: N/A