You will drive the technical design and implementation within an Agile team, working on the development and maintenance of bespoke software which stays in sync with TfL architecture standards, design principles and coding standards.
- Responsible for development plans, forecasts and development budgetary estimates, to ensure projects can be planned in a consistent and timely fashion .
- Lead the overall design, development and configuration of applications, components and tools, including the creation or update of appropriate documentation on agreed programmes and projects.
- Set and be responsible for the adoption of Software Development Standards and Best Practices in the Agile team and specialist area.
- Lead, organise, conduct or participate in meetings / delivery events and follow processes defined for their team to ensure quality of work and efficiency of the team.
- Fixing software application defects in accordance with agreed developer operations practices.
- Uphold the principles and standards of Technology and Data to ensure that work delivered is of high quality, well-rounded, robust, very high performing, and meets the priorities set by the Agile process.
- Represent development team in support of governance processes such as architecture and change review.
- Evaluate and champion new technologies whilst considering risks to delivery and production systems.
- An authoritative developer in object oriented programming languages such as C# and scripting languages as well as MS Dynamics enhancement and PowerApps creation with the associated development toolset.
- Experience in design and development of solutions utilising Azure and AWS
- Authority in development methodologies and tools.
- Authority in analysing and optimising database and application performance.
- Authoritative hands-on coder using a variety of Agile methods including Scrum.
- Lead software design and development capabilities.
- Ability to take project requirements and functional designs and interpret them intelligently to produce technical designs and working software solutions.
- Expert in MS Dynamics 365 and PowerApps customisation and solution development.
- Broad level of ability to build effective working relations (partnering) with, and to influence people in the delivery team.
- Detailed and attested ability to analyse complex systems, draw conclusions and produce solutions and decisions.
- Special experience of structured Software Engineering principles and the task of the software developer.
- Ability to produce estimates for own and other developer tasks with an appropriate accuracy and precision.
- Confirmed knowledge and “hands-on” experience in large-scale IT systems developing complex bespoke applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hounslow, GB
Application Deadline: N/A