As the Track Safety Training Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert responsible for planning, developing, delivering and evaluating training & assessment programmes on behalf of Rail for London (Infrastructure) Ltd, to ensure that statutory, business and route performance requirements are met.
- Provide technical input and expertise on matters pertaining to learning and development of employees to drive an overall improvement in business performance.
- Undertake competence assessments and produce development improvement plans where shortfalls are identified, taking immediate corrective action where candidates fail to meet minimum competence requirements.
- Deliver and adapt training using a range of different interactive methods (including coaching & mentoring) whilst ensuring the learner is at the centre of the learning process.
- Support as directed activities within the wider organisation in order to share knowledge, experience and best practice in order maintain capability within the business.
- Develop training & assessment materials (including eLearning, classroom learning and simulations) to optimal efficiency whilst continuing achieve the intended outcome.
- Identify training and development needs for employees and contractors to ensure statutory, requirements for safety critical work activities are met.
- Oversee and comply with systems and process that underpin the establishment of a high performing workforce embed the principles throughout the training and competence assessments cycles.
- Support as directed the operational integrity of the network by developing and maintaining individual competence in the roles for which the post holder is certified competent to assess.
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Professional Development
- Ability to establish a course of action for self and others, managing time, resources and surrounding circumstances to deliver objectives.
- Ability to coach and mentor people within own team and across the supply chain.
- Ability to act as a role model for the business and rail industry stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with rail industry stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Skills Academy Rail Assured for PTS AC
- Experience of RFLI Training material Development / Delivery
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Experience in developing and promoting best practice at an industry level.
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Experience with Rail Training Assessment Scheme Rules
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined training establishments.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience in developing cross-functional training programmes.
- Experience of Sentinel Scheme Rules
- Experience in assessing competence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hayes, GB
Application Deadline: N/A