Apprentices will assist in the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of airframes, engine systems, parts and components. Apprentices will provide world class service and support for customers in our Service Centers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: I. Assist mechanics with a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer.
- Complete fuel usage forms and records.
- Utilize equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, and a variety of hand tools to assist mechanics with repairing or modifying systems or assemblies.
- Perform a variety of line service activities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Center facilities maintenance.
- Perform cleaning and routine maintenance checks.
- Defuel and fuel aircraft.
- Maintain assigned service equipment and transportation vehicles
- Inventory and store personal contents as required.
- Maintain, watch, and meet aircraft on taxi ramp.
- Perform general cleaning of ramps and service center facilities
- Tow, park, and secure aircraft at various ramp and hangar locations.
- Work in accordance with established safety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment; maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Position and operate ground power and other aircraft service units
- Wash, clean, polish and/or wax exterior; clean and service interior of aircraft.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable).
- Acts with customer expectations and requirements in mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborates and easily gets along in team-based environments
- Requires high school education and individual must be working towards their A&P certification
- Valid driver’s license
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A