Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Senior Controls Engineer to contribute to the design and development of new automation equipment and assembly lines.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at Vendor and at Tesla facility during installation and buy-off
- Architect, write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC code will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), LabView, machine vision, and 3rd party equipment.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process control requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality and lead-time limits.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability and yield.
- Participate in Tesla specification and standard creation, release to Vendor and quote technical evaluation
- Enforce application of Tesla standards, Manage suppliers during specification, design review, design approval
- Characterize and validate automated processes using a data driven approach such as simulation, Capacity and Capability statistical test (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility test, Cpk, etc),
- Assembly Line Development and Implementation
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant, and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics.
- Field bus Networks (AB DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, Safety rated field bus networks)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI – AB Panelview, FactoryTalk, LabView, Ignition)
- In depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Ladder logic PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and RSLogix 5000)
- Safety PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SmartGuard)
- Serial communication (RS-232) between PLCs and instruments
- Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment:
- Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Elgin, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A