The Supercharger Design Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger sites in Canada, including construction feasibility and due diligence, site layout and design, electric utility service requests, site permitting, construction, and project closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant experience managing infrastructure related projects of varying size and complexity in different regions and demonstrates a bias to action, supported by logical problem-solving skills with a reliance on a thorough understanding project details. Finally, the ideal candidate should bring high energy and an optimistic approach to completing projects in a swift and quality manner.
- Review and approve construction bids and change orders. Provide support as needed to the general contractor during all phases of construction.
- Serve as the liaison with utility company personnel to determine the best routing of primary electrical service.
- Facilitate field site visits to conduct due diligence related to constructability, design, utility servicing, and cost. Provide site reports and preliminary sketches as needed.
- Manage all phases of feasibility, design, and construction of Supercharger sites within Canada. A key performance indicator is the number of sites successfully opened for public use.
- Meet with zoning/permitting personnel to understand jurisdictional approval requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction. Represent Tesla and the Supercharger program at public meetings. Track and manage status of all needed approvals.
- Review site related project documents to assess construction viability.
- Ability to travel (25-50%) within Canada
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering (civil/mechanical/electrical) or equivalent would be an asset
- Working knowledge of utility design processes.
- Aptitude in communicating and building relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Thorough understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Strong understanding of AC and DC power, transformers, circuit protection, single-line electrical and mechanical diagrams, and construction drawings.
- Minimum 3-5 years project management, construction management, and/or site development experience. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development as a project manager is valuable.
- Knowledge of engineering design, permitting processes, and on-site construction practices.
- Established record of accomplishment managing and delivering projects on time and on budget while adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining design drawings with an understanding of cost implications of construction design options and the ability to make cost-efficiency recommendations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A