Tesla’s Vehicle Engineering team is currently seeking a software engineer to focus on improving our in-house manufacturing and supply chain computer vision platform. As well, this role will be able to contribute to many of our other purpose-built applications that automate and improve the process of designing, building, and delivering our products, globally.
- Maintain and improve existing applications as needed
- Demonstrate good DevOps practices
- Write simple code with clean interfaces with a preference for asynchrony
- Lead whiteboarding, code reviews, and pair programming sessions
- Build web services that make design engineers, program managers, production associates, and forklift drivers orders of magnitude more efficient.
- Ability to choose the right storage system, e.g. relational DBs (AWS RDS for Postgres, CockroachDB on Kubernetes), caches (Redis, Elastic Search), S3 (public cloud and private versions), time-series DBs (InfluxDB, Prometheus), etc. based on application need
- Experience with production systems and orchestration in AWS or a private cloud, especially with Kubernetes, using tools like Terraform, Ansible, ArgoCD, Docker, Prometheus, or similar.
- Deep understanding of machine-to-machine communication concepts, i.e., TCP/IP, websockets, and RPC
- Leadership experience in an engineering domain (nice-to-have)
- Understanding of when to use and how to set up message brokers, e.g., Kafka and AWS Kinesis
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Some experience with the Go programming language
- Experience with digital signal or image processing in, e.g., OpenCV, PyTorch, Keras, Cognex, Keyance, Matlab, etc. (nice-to-have)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A