A Technical Project Manager on the Cell Controls Engineering (CCE) team joins a world-class team of engineers responsible for designing and building the automation controls of the robotic equipment that make up the Tesla Battery Cell and Energy factories, manufacturing our groundbreaking in-house 4680 battery cells.
- Use controls engineering knowledge to help the team solve commissioning manufacturing issues, identify and solve risks.
- Drive the team to achieve great architecture and designs across controls, test, devices, and hardware by working with key technical leaders, and ensuring each team is methodical in their design/project approach. Drive and contribute to FMEA process for controls, systems, and integration design areas.
- The mission statement of the Tesla Controls Engineering Technical Project Manager is to help engineers make better technical decisions that accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Identify all major risks and dependencies, manage and work to reduce them accordingly. Track and eliminate blockers to keep your projects moving at Tesla speed.
- Be a key controls team interface to line builders and suppliers, ensure all designs have optimal supply chain management and ramp plan.
- Build and own team processes to accomplish all of the above at Tesla speed
- Build and maintain strong relationships that create strong open flow of information. Build cross-functional teams that work well together in efficient, transparent ways.
- Communicate with stakeholders across a wide variety of teams inside of Cell Engineering, from process engineers to manufacturing engineers to production/operations to construction and facilities, and with controls engineers company-wide.
- Create and drive advanced products development, validation, and execution plans and processes. Make the process easy for the team to follow and administer, while providing maximum value for overall business.
- Manage project scope, schedule, cost, and resources to ensure goals are achieved consistently on time.
- Track record of contributing outstanding work to complex engineering projects as a technical contributor.
- Ability to effectively execute many projects and tasks in parallel.
- Experience developing processes and methodologies to suit specific engineering workflows desired.
- Some experience working on large scale factory commissioning projects. Controls Engineering experience preferred, but contributions from other disciplines are also welcome: Electrical, Process, Mechanical, Manufacturing Design, Program or Project Management, Project Engineering, etc., are also welcome.
- Experience with Agile methodology, schedule management, and Jira.
- Experience in a greenfield factory commissioning project from beginning to end, as a contributing Engineer or Project Engineer.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in a “plaid speed” environment under tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success.
- Some experience managing engineering projects and teams – coordinating distributed, complex cross-functional teams, establishing team processes, organizing priorities and goals, and leading meetings.
- Methodical and elite English communication and documentation skills, with ability to understand complex problems and summarize in a simple way to a wide audience. Good written and spoken German.
- Some experience in a factory production environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A