- Support the sales pipeline by designing and rapidly iterating on pre-contract design proposals to enable the estimator and project development teams to provide customer facing design proposals along with accurate project estimates based on these sales designs.
- Analyze project constraints to optimize the design so that projects come in on time and under budget. This includes decisions on system size, layout configuration, equipment selection, constructability, etc.
- Create code compliant solar, storage and EV charging construction plan sets for our turnkey commercial, industrial, and government projects. Typical solar system sizes <250kW
- Enable project success through collaboration with other teams throughout the entire life cycle of a project, including support for site survey, permitting, pre-construction prep, construction RFI support, AHJ/utility inspection, commissioning, and ongoing O&M support.
- Strong software skills including ACAD and PVSyst. Basic Helioscope knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to quickly read and understand construction plans and schematics
- B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering Discipline
- 2+ Years in a design capacity role for commercial PV, Energy Storage, Microgrid, or EV charging projects.
- Ability to work Cross-Functionally in a fast paced environment, communicate succinctly and clearly to all levels of the organization, and maintain effectiveness while working autonomously or collaboratively.
- Thorough understanding of current electrical, civil, and structural codes, and working knowledge of common construction materials and methods.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A