We are seeking an energetic, team-oriented people-person to be responsible for the performance of Quality technicians and inspectors on various shifts at Gigafactory Buffalo. The Quality Supervisor will manage a team of technicians and inspectors to ensure they perform at a high level while meeting the needs of the production floor and product quality. The individual will be responsible for Quality assurance related metrics for their shift. The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for performance managing their team to generate the highest value from every employee while maintaining a high level of technical ability.
- Observe all safety policies during the execution of required tasks.
- Guide and coordinate training efforts on the production floor to ensure manufacturing procedures are being maintained.
- Improve quality in module and electronics manufacturing.
- Drive improvement activities across the shift to increase team knowledge and capability
- Interact with the manufacturing team members to determine shift priorities and allocation of labor
- Support Quality Assurance/Quality Control initiatives.
- Adhere to strict 5S standards and maintain cleanliness on the floor and within automation cells
- Complete requested activities as assigned.
- Align with Quality engineering team to disposition material and drive to eliminate scrap and areas of low yield
- Guide and coordinate Technicians and Inspectors on shift, taking primary ownership for their training and ability to maintain conformance to quality procedures and specifications.
- Must demonstrate reliability, initiative, and desire to learn and teach.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills along with strong attention to detail, flexibility, and prioritization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Must be adaptable to flexible work schedule (including compressed work week and night shift).
- Multitasks and adapts to constant change.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Applicable documented Training and/or Certifications a plus.
- Capable of providing constructive feedback to subordinates.
- Must have understanding of general manufacturing processes, Quality methodologies, and team leadership.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A