The EHS Electrical Engineer will work in collaboration with Engineering teams to develop production-safe equipment, safe end user products, and robust standards that are delivered to our suppliers. This position will be the Design and Deploy Team’s Subject Matter Expert responsible for review of design and development of Machinery/Automation/Process control and functional products on a global scale. Candidate will need to collaborate and work with cross functional teams: EHS, ME, SE, QE, Process, and Management teams to ensure the Electrical systems meet functional and regulatory standards requirements. Candidate will Review vendor Electrical and Control design to ensure these meet the Tesla Standards, best practices, and safety requirements. Candidate will support Electrical and other team members to create and establish better Standardization on design, documentation, training, assembly process, commissioning and release to production or released into the field. Candidate will be involved in the field troubleshooting and problem solving of problems that may arise from design issues or incidents caused by a design failure.
- Review the electrical control schematic designs for all automation projects from initial concept to final implementation.
- Review Power Distribution Systems utilizing Eplan Electrical P8 CAD system, and ensure design meets NFPA79, IEC 60204-1, UL 508A Standards
- Review system control architecture and system interconnects
- Review Design Safety Interlock Systems, including component selection using ISO 13849-1 requirements
- Participate in conceptual equipment/product development to balance product specifications, process control requirements, component selection, control architecture, and safety integration
- Review system interconnect/schematic and Key control/automation components.
- Coordinate with peers in other engineering groups to ensure that design criteria is synchronized within all disciplines (System, Mechanical, Software, Process) to meet their specific requirements.
- Review implementation of UL1740, ANSI/RIA15.06, ISO 10218 compliant control-reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Interface with mechanical team/vendors to support actuator/stage/motors selection
- Work closely with project managers and Electrical team members to ensure all expectations and specifications are translated into the final design.
- In depth knowledge of Safety standards (ISO 13849-1, UL 1740, ANSI/RIA15.06, ISO 10218).
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD, servo systems, and key electrical control components.
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (OSHA, NFPA 79, NFPA 70-E, IEC 60204-1, UL508A, IEEE, NEC) along with working knowledge, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analyses (from conception to execution) using ETAP Software IEEE, SKM, Easy power, NFPA and/or ISO methodologies and provided direction upon findings
- Proficiency with Eplan Electrical P8 version 2.7 or higher on designing electrical control panels, control system wiring, and instrumentation (at least 3 years of experience)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in an electrical/hardware engineering position
- Familiar with Beckhoff and Siemens overall control system/components
- Familiar with EtherCat, FSoE, ProfiNet and ProfiSafe
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment utilizing: LVDT and pressure transducers, encoder, proximity, level, optical, temperature controllers
- Familiar with Electrical interface and system wiring of Fanuc, Kuka, and ABB robot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A