The Metrology technician at Gigafactory will work as a member of the Metrology group in the Quality organization. He/she will be assigned to operate and/or program a metrology equipment on regular basis. The technician role will be to help root cause analysis using their metrology equipment as well as running part sampling and In-Process checks done daily. It will require repetitive work on daily basis.
- Coordinate calibration activities, ensure that all test and measurement equipment is calibrated prior to use.
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) best practices across departments.
- Enable Inspection/verification of parts and assemblies using CMM, Faro and other technologies.
- Provide/analyze data and output reports to assist in quality improvement activities.
- Work with the Quality Engineering Team in regards to continuous improvement activities, solving problems and improving overall product quality – may include various physical tasks from time to time with regard to moving parts and equipment
- Create measurement programs using a Metrology software for SPC or investigations requests
- Flexible hours
- Ability to give presentations and prepare technical reports
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings (including GD&T), preferred
- BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with at least one Metrology software (Polyworks, Calypso, PC-DMIS or GOM)
- 2 or more years’ experience in a metrology or quality role operating and programming CMM or Portable CMM, preferred
- Previous electro-mechanical inspection background with the ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sparks, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A