The Sr. Security Systems Engineer is a physical security systems technology administrator or application engineer, ready to work across an integrated IT Infrastructure organization and contribute to the protection of Tesla’s assets, critical infrastructure, and employees worldwide. This role is for a growing professional in the industry. They will ensure the availability, performance and fitness of the access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance and other technology systems that protect our physical infrastructure. They will program and monitor existing and new systems.
- Collaborate with operations, production, security, and other internal teams to identify, understand, and address their needs with technical security solutions.
- Test, program, and commission new security system devices and inspect installations for quality.
- Manage maintenance of installed technical devices and systems with assistance from systems integrators and the other Tesla security teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce cost with physical security technology.
- Maintain documentation and prepare reports for global security leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Assure the availability and uptime of security systems.
- Assess physical security system technology implementations and make risk-based recommendations that consider impact of business operations, system architectures, manufacturing processes, corporate culture, and employee workflows.
- Support development and improvement of Tesla’s long-term security system technology infrastructure.
- Related industry certifications (CISSP, CCDE/P, CCIE*/CCNP*, SSCP, PMP) are advantageous.
- Knowledge of low voltage electrical systems, video management systems, access control systems and other security system technologies.
- Domestic or International travel required as needed.
- Experience in networked physical security systems engineering and administration for corporations with operations across regions and countries.
- Technical security industry vendor certifications from Gallagher, Lenel, Avigilon, Hanwha, Honeywell are desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A