Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and deeply process oriented Logistics Coordinator to join our growing Adhoc Logistics Team. In the Logistics Coordinator role, you will manage critical domestic and international shipments to support Tesla’s vehicle production, service and energy distribution, and everything in between. You will gain invaluable experience about Tesla’s supply chain and understand our processes from the ground up.
- Schedule pick-ups with vendors and monitor shipments in transit.
- Retain and scan documentation, send communications to employees.
- Mange dock organization and shipping supplies.
- Correctly labeling hazardous materials and providing DG paperwork to vendors.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving functions at the facility.
- Build and grow relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Coordinate most cost-effective means to ship freight within expected requirements.
- Provide all required shipping documentation (BOL’s, Ocean Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoices, etc.) for import and export functions.
- Contribute to a worldwide logistics organization by standardizing processes and establishing SOPs.
- Process and correct miscellaneous shipment cost issues.
- High school/GED, Bachelors or Associate degree or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Transportation limited (may visit various Tesla facilities)
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work well with others and work well with deadlines
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Experience with International shipping (Commercial Invoices, AES filing)
- Dangerous goods trained or certified, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite. Excel critical to role, but not to hire.
- Strong time management skills & communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible schedule (may work some off hours)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A