Tesla’s actuator team designs and builds actuators for humanoid bi-pedal robots (Tesla Bot). The team joins mechanical, electrical, and electromagnetic engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative environment.
- Collaboration with supply chain, vendor, and manufacturing engineers.
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and design improvements to develop the most power dense, efficient, low cost, and reliable electromechanical gear systems and actuators.
- Basic fabrication, machining, wiring, general electronics, debugging, and parts chasing.
- Collaboration with electromagnetic motor design engineers to develop the most torque dense and efficient electromechanical actuator systems in the world.
- Design and build motor, gear, and actuator prototypes for the validation of mechanical and electromechanical performance.
- Design and integration of rotary and linear speed reduction systems for high performance motion control actuator applications.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with thermal analysis and design for passive (natural convection) and active cooling.
- 3+ years experience with design of rotary and linear gear systems for electromechanical actuators used in motion control applications.
- Experience with torque and force sensing technologies and instrumentation.
- Experience in design and analysis of planetary, strain wave (Harmonics Drives), cycloidal, ball screws, belt drives, lead screws, magnetic gear, speed reduction systems with high specific torque (force), efficiency, and reliability.
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering in a product design and manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with various electric motor, electric drive, and motion control technologies.
- Hands-on experience, previous project experience and/or internship is preferred.
- Excellent experience with design and analysis of geared actuator systems with rotary and linear gear reduction mechanisms.
- BS in Mechanical, Mechatronic, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A