The Platform Storage Engineering team is currently looking for a seasoned software engineer with experience in Kubernetes, Linux, and API driven development to help build Tesla’s cloud storage platform. You will design and develop core infrastructure components, primarily in Golang, that empower Tesla to scale faster and securely. Tesla’s Cloud Storage Platform plays an essential role providing infrastructure services as managed services which power everything from the datacenter to the factory floor. Be prepared to join a team that sets the standards for other teams in the organization, a team of incredible out-of-the-box thinking engineers that not only solve the hardest problems in the industry, but also push their engineering teams at large to be better.
- You will author technical documentation, reference architectures, policies, and best practices for our platforms.
- Work with Infosec on continually reinforcing secure by default
- You will be empowered to influence architectural decisions with a focus on security, scalability and high-performance.
- Build systems automation and configuration management systems
- You will collaborate with our global datacenter, cloud, networking, and load balancing teams to develop a world-class, secure, and fault-resilient storage layer for our workloads.
- You will design and develop APIs and services for Tesla’s Cloud Storage Platform which plays a key role across all facets of Tesla. We like to “walk in the customer’s shoes” to identify opportunities to implement new features that accelerate our cloud adoption.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with teams globally
- Self-driven with an analytical, first principles mindset, and a bias for action
- Experience developing with Golang (or other similar languages) and writing quality tests
- Ability to take a complex challenge and deliver quality simple solutions
- Expert with Linux systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes with an understanding of container architectures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fremont, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A