Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Senior-level Controls Engineer for our Gigafactory in Buffalo New York to contribute to the design and development of new automation equipment and assembly lines.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at Vendor and at Tesla facility during installation and buy-off
- Characterize and validate automated processes using a data driven approach such as simulation, Capacity and Capability statistical test (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility test, Cpk, etc),
- Architect, write, and debug PLC logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. PLC code will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), LabView, machine vision, and 3rd party equipment.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant, and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics.
- Assembly Line Development and Implementation
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time, improve availability and yield.
- Participate in Tesla specification and standard creation, release to Vendor and quote technical evaluation
- Enforce application of Tesla standards, Manage suppliers during specification, design review, design approval
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process control requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality, and lead-time limits.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI – Ignition, Studio 5000 View Designer, SIMATIC WinCC (TIA Portal), or TwinCAT HMI)
- Field bus Networks (Ethernet IP, PROFINET, EtherCAT)
- Safety PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SIMATIC Safety Integrated, or Beckhoff TwinSAFE)
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment:
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems.
- PLCs (Allen Bradley ControlLogix, Omron, Siemens TIA Portal, or Beckhoff TwinCAT)
- Demonstrated excellence in programming PLCs. Must have a well-defined methodology for maintaining code structure and organization. Ability to program state machines for complex processes which involve multi-station parallel processing, pick and place automation, data acquisition, and PID control. Proven ability to design fault-tolerant systems with error handling and recovery.
- In depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
- Familiarity with Electrical prints and standard for Industrial equipment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A