Tesla is looking for an Export Analyst to work on one of the most progressive vehicle distribution models in the world. Candidates for this job have a strong eye for detail, can provide quick and strategic solutions, and possess the ability to develop and execute on plans of all sizes. The ideal candidate can adapt to sudden changes, manage difficult and complex challenges, and work collaboratively with excellent oral and written communication skills. We are looking for self-motivated team players interested in creating excellent customer experience, working with multiple departments to develop new technology, and continuously improving on the execution of our finished vehicle shipping process. Candidates must have a positive attitude and extreme determination in order for us to build an advanced vehicle distribution network capable of scaling to support the fastest growing automotive company in history. We seek individuals who take extreme pride in their work and can appreciate that achieving Tesla’s mission is not possible if we only work a typical M-F 9-5. This job will require some nights and weekends and includes responsibilities and endeavors not listed below, however here are some key points that we are looking for:
- Become an export in logistics management system.
- Issue statistical or detailed reporting for stakeholders as required.
- Negotiate and cooperate with ocean/air carriers to set up transportation plans.
- Maintain and update CMP, rate sheets, etc.
- Initial setup of export/import finished vehicle shipments.
- Booking & coordination of most cost effective and efficient means to import/export goods within expected requirements.
- Support logistics leadership with gathering and publishing logistics dashboards and metrics.
- Ensure that export process is in compliance with company and industry quality assurance standards (CI, Customs, etc.).
- Ensure the Stakeholder is provided excellent service throughout the shipment process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
- Timely setup logistics profile in system and prepare all required documentation (Ocean Bill of Lading, Shipping Instruction, IMO, etc) for import and export functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards and Incoterms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field or the equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and other database systems.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Experience with ocean and air freight preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in logistics, supply chain, or related industry.
- Experience in Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with Tableau and SQL a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fremont, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A