The Supercharger Design Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger projects, including construction feasibility diligence, layout and design, utility design and easements, permitting, construction, site commissioning, and closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant hands-on experience managing infrastructure projects (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple states/provinces) and demonstrates a bias to action, logical problem solving, and mastery of a project’s tactical details. Finally, s/he brings high energy and an optimistic approach to fully completing projects in a swift and quality manner.
- Manage all phases of design, entitlement, and construction of Supercharger sites within a given territory. A key performance indicator is the number of sites successfully opened for public use.
- Meet with zoning/permitting personnel to understand jurisdictional approval requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction. Represent
- Tesla and the Supercharger program at public meetings. Track and manage status of all needed approvals.
- Facilitate field site visits for due diligence on construction, engineering, utility, and cost. Provide site reports and sketches as needed.
- Plan, coordinate, approve, and review legal documents and plans for right-of-way/easement/property acquisitions.
- Serve as the liaison with utility company personnel to determine the best routing of primary electrical service.
- Review title reports for ownership, encumbrances, and easements; assess construction viability.
- Review and approve construction bids and change orders. Provide support as needed to the general contractor during all phases of construction.
- Aptitude in communicating and building relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Working knowledge of power integration and utility design processes.
- Self-starter approach to challenging the status quo; innovative ideas that improve our: designs, processes, assemblies, costs, or the company as a whole.
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining zoning and construction drawings, including utility designs and power distribution details.
- Accountable to cost implications of construction design options and able to make cost-efficiency recommendations.
- Ability to identify the critical path issues and institute remedies that shorten that critical path.
- Entrepreneurial approach to accomplishing tasks with far fewer resources than a big company would have.
- Ability to function autonomously, working independent of a support staff, without formal requirements documentation, in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage changing priorities.
- Established record of accomplishment managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule while adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- Ability to travel (50%) required. This is not an exaggeration.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A