Tesla is looking for a Lead Utility Field Service Technician to be responsible for one or more of our large-scale utility sites. Tesla needs a diversely talented and skilled electrically savy Electrician or Technician ready to move quickly in order to keep our systems fully operational. The primary job is to lead site activities by example, maintaining site documentations for optimal system performance. Applicants should be tenacious leaders who have what it takes to accelerate the world towards a more sustainable future!
- Establish LOTO boundaries and ensure all Tesla personnel follows LOTO procedures
- Meet or exceed Safety, Quality and Productivity targets.
- Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the Tesla Energy service organization; prepare daily updates of work completed, problems identified, and future timelines.
- Host daily meeting to discuss work activity, developing Job Hazard Assessments
- Have flexibility to provide support outside your region and possibly outside the country as required.
- Be ready to travel for extended periods of time covering multiple locations.
- Perform required preventative maintenance activities on commercial storage and inverters to maintain warranty coverage.
- Perform Low, Medium and High Voltage maintenance as required
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as defined by the service engineering team.
- Work with site owners and Tesla Schedulers to coordinate site visits, outage plans and communicate maintenance to be performed.
- Support case completion, purchase of tools and tracking of spare parts on different internal systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned per our growth and diversity across applications.
- Work with other site leads and Field Service Manager to obtain required needed personnel to perform large work or to expedite work during outages.
- Valid Journeyman Electrician card is a plus
- Previous electrical trades experience working with power/hand tools, electrical equipment, isolation meters and multimeters (Oscilloscopes is a plus).
- SCADA experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs. Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Proven site and personnel leadership excellence.
- Ability to work at great heights, work in extreme environments, perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to navigate NEC guidelines and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- CPR & Low Voltage Rescue
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Attend site daily and travel up to 2 weeks at a time with short notice and flexibility to work on weekends and overtime.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A