The Tesla Body Repair Program is seeking an energetic professional with a proven track record of managing people and processes to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. As the Collision Repair Manager you will be responsible for managing the work flow and production work force at our OEM owned body repair center.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Manage vendors and ensure compliance with all regulations
- Work closely with Regional Manager to oversee all daily operations of the collision repair to ensure delivery of excellent results quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Collaborate with internal team leaders across business functions to drive project execution (design, supply chain, logistics, legal, accounts payable, etc.)
- Manage resource scheduling and allocation
- Oversee execution of work standards and production quality
- Take ownership and create a culture of accountability, always maintaining the integrity of the Tesla brand, its processes, procedures, and values.
- Understand and own every aspect of the team’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
- Forecast and surpass goals and objectives for the site through regular audits of shop operations.
- Solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence team to achieve business targets
- Professional experience: 5-8 years of experience in management within the collision industry preferred or relevant work experience managing in manufacturing, automotive, or customer service industries.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the collision repair of vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions.
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, or relevant Certificate from Vocational School in Collision Repair.
- Capable of self-managing and working independently in limited supervision environments
- Business English written and verbal
- Capable of reading and comprehending automotive repair procedures
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working in a collision shop environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A