The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in Exeter, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products. This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues. This person must have an engineering mind with a very hands on approach and a great customer and contractor interface. The work will require travel, sometimes on short notice, and may require extended trips; a get-it-done mentality for all of the situations is expected.
- Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks). This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
- Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
- Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
- Availability for off-hours calls and work.
- Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
- Travel to perform onsite root cause analysis.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
- Proficiency in English – additional European language is a plus.
- Understanding of distributed generation and/or energy storage systems preferred.
- Electrical, Energy or Electronic background related technical experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in both independent and team environments.
- Experience with CRM systems and MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to learn about new and innovative technologies.
- Flexible schedule; this team runs 24/7/365 globally to accommodate our customer’s needs (shift work may be necessary).
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in technical support or call center environment within Renewable energy and/ Battery background preferred.
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
- The candidate should be a certified/licensed electrician in their country.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in Low and/or Medium Voltage electrical systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A