In this role, you’ll be part of the small team that designs, delivers, and tracks our Service curriculum training focused on our philosophies and general practices. This training is given to everyone in our Service organization from Technicians, Service Advisors, Parts Advisors, and Service Managers. You’ll need to have ideas and technical development skills as well as the ability to facilitate the training when needed, such as to cross-train our instructors or to run pilot programs. You’ll be expected to flex between multiple formats of learning, including online training, virtual training, instructor-led training, hands-on exercise books, and cross-training guides for our distributed network of trainers and employee coaches. You will also have tight partnership with the rest of our training organization, working closely with our diverse team of technical trainers, project managers, and coordinators to ensure that we offer the right learning experience that enables our employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience. In addition to excellent content development skills, the ideal candidate knows what it takes to develop training content in fast-paced, agile teams. This role can be based near one of our locations in Amsterdam/Tilburg, Netherlands; Dartford, UK; or Munich, Germany.
- Keeping track of new templates and styles to implement and keep documentation up to date
- Pilot and test new courses, and prepare and cross-train facilitators on the content
- Responsible to communicate development status and results with stakeholders and global partner teams
- Develop engaging online, virtual, instructor-led, and hands-on technical training content for EMEA Service employees
- Work with the team to create activities and exercises that bring training to life
- Align development timing and update on progress with training managers, project managers, and training coordinators
- Own the defined rollout strategy and keep overall control and visibility on development target dates
- Responsible to engage and advise subject matter experts on developing new learning content and maintaining existing support materials
- Continuously assess the quality and relevance of training materials and improve as needed
- Close to finishing or recently graduated (up to 6 months) from a degree preferably with major in Law, Policy, Economics, Engineering or a similar field.
- Sound understanding of energy storage solutions, their application and benefits and knowledge of EU energy market framework and/or other European energy market.
- Must have strong command of English and fluency in at least one other European language – French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Greek desirable.
- Time management, organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Communication and persuasion skills along with an ability to interact with various levels of management.
- First work experience in the policy or consulting sector (Political Party, GO, NGO or consulting firm) desirable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a technical L&D team required.
- Experience performing or training on advanced automotive repair & maintenance required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing training materials from scratch
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative environment preferred
- Experience working with Tesla vehicles is a plus
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Portsmouth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A