The Occupational Health Technician (OHT) administers screening audiograms and respirator fit tests, administers video and hands-on training of employees on proper usage of assigned personal protective equipment, and supports related occupational health programs at the Tesla Fremont facility.
- Assist with other industrial hygiene tasks as requested, with applicable training and direction.
- Assist with administration and management of online respirator medical questionnaires, including referrals to physicians for direct examinations as indicated by company policy.
- Record data and learn to perform the scheduling and administrative of reports from a health and safety software platform.
- Maintain, calibrate, and ensure operation of audiometry and fit testing equipment.
- Administer quantitative respirator fit tests to employees in an efficient, accurate manner.
- Administer video training and hands-on training for use of hearing protective device (HPD, i.e., ear plugs) and respirators to employees.
- Manage employee enrollment and scheduling of occupational compliance programs, such as, Respiratory Protection Program and Hearing Conservation Program, for Fremont site.
- Refer problem audiograms to supervising audiologist or physician for interpretation and guidance.
- Administer occupational screening audiograms to employees in an efficient, accurate manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in audiometry test administration. CAOHC certificate is preferred.
- Experience in industrial safety is preferred but not required.
- High school diploma. College diploma is preferred but not required.
- Basic computer skills; software data entry; and ability to learn and operate occupational health software.
- Experience with quantitative respirator fit testing (Portacount) and use of PPE in industrial applications is preferred. Otherwise, training will be provided.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A