We are looking for a highly motivated, “hands-on” individual to join our Industrial Electrical Team for the assembly of a new generation of high speed, automated manufacturing equipment. The role includes performing electrical panel wiring, field wiring, pneumatic plumbing, machine electrical start-up, testing and debug and some travel for machine installation and commissioning support of industrial automated equipment.
- Electrical systems testing and debugging.
- Wiring field control devices of custom engineered automated machinery.
- Commissioning, installation, and troubleshooting of PLC based systems.
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Troubleshoot and debug (i.e. diagnoses trouble or defects, determines corrective action and repairs system).
- Populating panel back plates, point-to-point wiring, and field wiring of machine control devices.
- Lead efforts on safe work practices for the team.
- Assembly and point-to-point wiring of machinery control panels.
- Assemble and install equipment at other Tesla locations (up to 20% of the time).
- Interpreting electrical schematics and device layout drawings.
- Must have thorough knowledge of current industrial electrical standards, ability to read electrical schematics, working knowledge of PLC’s, sensors, motor control drives, servomotor systems and basic working knowledge of pneumatic controls.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Proven experience in assembly of electrical systems for automated machinery.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at other Tesla locations.
- Ability to read/understand electrical schematics and create redlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills of electrical controls systems.
- 2-3+ years of proven experience in wiring of custom automated machinery.
- Employees must provide their own basic set of hand tools.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Elgin, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A