In this exciting role as a Firmware Reliability Engineer, you will have responsibility for planning and leading product Firmware related reliability and safety technical assessments and compliance activities to ensure that reliability, robustness, and safety is proactively designed into our products, that potential risks are analyzed and controlled, and that product/system performance is quantifiably predicted. Your work will span the product development lifecycle from concept to design, development of new and derivative products, and ongoing operation and improvement of existing vehicle fleet in the field.
- Interact with firmware design partners to understand product design, especially for novel features.
- Apply reliability failure physics to design accelerated test methods to failure modes exploration and firmware reliability growth.
- Facilitate firmware logic design review and design FMEA on new firmware and/or electrical design and processes to evaluate design for potential failure modes and drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
- Work jointly with firmware design engineers and hardware reliability engineers to understand and establish the quantified correlation between firmware changes and their corresponding impact to hardware usage duty cycle and operating stress conditions by monitoring relevant signals before and after the FW changes to assure that the consequence is as intended.
- Develop test plans and work with test lab to demonstrate reliability and adherence to standards.
- Advocate, plan, lead, execute, and integrate Design for Reliability (DfR) in firmware design review.
- Influence architectural decisions and organizational processes.
- Perform field fleet data analysis to derive usage profiles and integrate the usage profile into firmware dsign requirements.
- Conduct Fault Trees, Event Trees, and Markov Chain Analyses to assess system reliability and risks.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Reliability Engineering is a plus.
- Experience working with software development and low voltage electronics & complex electro-mechanical systems design.
- Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs.
- Knowledge of the ReliaSoft Synthesis Platform, including Weibull++, BlockSim, ALTA, RGA, and xFMEA.
- Knowledge and experience of conducting Fault Trees, Event Trees, and Markov Chain Analyses.
- Knowledge of database structures and practical understanding and use of SQL. Experience in working with large data sets. Experience with Tableau for big data analytics.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP, Minitab, etc.
- Knowledge of methods to design-in reliability for electronics, including experience with the Sherlock software.
- Knowledge of software reliability growth modeling and analysis.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering (CS/CE) or Electrical Engineering (EE) and one or more years of industry experience on software, firmware, electrical design, or reliability.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A