Website Edmonton, CA
Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we’re doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ‘normal.’ We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and meaningful work experiences to help enable you to figure out where you want your career to go – better yet, many of our students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth.
If you are seeking a student opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting tasks and activities relating to engineering process safety, then we have a great opportunity with the Process Safety team. You will aid with the coordination of process safety related activities and projects, with a primary focus on trend analysis and stewardship of metrics.
- Track, monitor, report and steward process safety metrics
- Communicate process safety incidents and learnings across Suncor
- Compile and analyze internal and external metrics data
- Support senior Process Safety Advisors, and work with site personnel to support consistent and standardized approached to operational discipline and conformance to the Process Safety standards and processes
- Advise Suncor Technical Excellence Networks of process safety performances
- Develop and maintain internal departmental processes
- Current enrolment in a 3rd or 4th year Chemical, Petroleum, or Industrial Engineering program at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term (attach your transcripts with your application)
- Document management skills
- Influential skills to drive collaboration across Suncor
- The ability to prioritize work to meet deadline, and adapt to change easily
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Alignment with our values safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Well-developed skills with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A