Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we’re doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ‘normal.’ We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Are you a strong and positive leader who strives to inspire and coach your workforce to achieve success? Envision yourself in a leadership role that advances your employees’ operational discipline behaviours and ensures they are performing quality maintenance and repair work on the rotating equipment at our Edmonton refinery. In this role, you will ensure all maintenance work for our millwrights and machinists is planned and scheduled as well as performed in a safe, efficient, and consistent manner. You will be responsible for working the daily schedule, communicating progress and planning/executing schedule breakers.
- Apply leadership best practices to ensure safe, environmentally responsible, reliable, and cost-effective work practices
- Maintain a visible presence in the field to develop employee engagement, assess work process efficiency and ensure that a well-adapted approach to safety is present
- Recommend and implement systems and improvements that continuously improve the departments’ capabilities of enhance total plant reliability
- Demonstrate flexible work practices to decrease craft handoffs and streamline work processes
- Perform all functions within our SAP computerized maintenance system to accurately document, approve and assign the work that is performed on shift
- Manage and encourage progression of each craftsperson in the maintenance progression program
- Mentor and develop competencies of the crew, set expectations and hold individuals accountable to meet those expectations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ten years of working experience in a refinery environment or in a heavy industrial environment
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Five years of leadership or supervisory experience within a maintenance setting
- Alignment with our values safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- The ability to make decisions with integrity, resolve conflict in a timely and effective manner and support company objectives and policies
- Essential collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- Knowledge and experience working with rotating equipment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A