Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we’re doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ‘normal.’ We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
If you are passionate about working in a fast-paced environment, building positive relationships, problem solving, working within a positive team environment, and possess strong integrity then we have the role for you. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of rail shipments of various commodities across Suncor. This includes planning railcar placements in multiple facilities, planning and providing loading instructions to Operations staff, entering data in SAP and ordering, reconciling and reporting of rail car movements with railways, refineries, third party location and terminals.
- Work closely with respective rail coordinators and internal / external customers on a regular basis to understand daily requirements.
- Work with internal information technology representatives to implement any SAP changes or setups as required
- Create and execute daily railcar loading plans in a timely fashion for multiple terminals and adjust based on business requirements
- Create month end reports
- Assist with all rail related incident investigations
- Handle irregular railcars movements and mitigate issues
- Order, dispatch, process and reconcile approx. 200-250 rail cars per shift
- Create and confirm electronic bill of ladings for all railcar movements
- Assist in completing routine data quality management processes (i.e. inventory/sales verification of all automatic delivery accounts)
- Act as a main contact with railways for operational issues
- General railway/railcar logistics knowledge
- A deep understanding of bulk fuel delivery process such as ordering, delivery, billing and freights payable process
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a critical eye for attention to detail
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Alignment with our values safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- A customer-oriented mindset with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and various related regulations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A