This position is a first line supervisor or manager with primary responsibility for providing guidance, such as delegating work assignments to direct employees. The job requires professional knowledge gained through substantial applicable work experience, to supplement formal knowledge, in order to apply principles and concepts of own discipline in resolving issues as they arrive. The job is responsible for providing training for members of the team, monitoring the quantity and quality of the work in progress, coaching employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions or changes. This job typically requires a degree or equivalent and a minimum of 4 or more years experience.
- Responsible for verification that all aspects of infrastructure are in place upon arrival at site. Will work with and make suggestions to project team, contractors and customers regarding integration needs.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure efficient operation of the installation function.
- Interacts daily with Installation Team, Project Management Team, Engineering and/or functional peer groups.
- Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained in compliance with integration and documentation procedures and standards.
- Schedules personnel responding to critical situations.
- Required to perform system functional checks, identify problem areas and affect minor calibration adjustments.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities of on-site installations to meet installation goals and quality objectives.
- Directs the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades.
- Coordinates with Sales, Project Management, Service and Engineering teams to execute regional business priorities.
- Maintains communications with design management and specialists in resolving problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience desirable.
- Must be able to follow and explain detailed instruction and inspection procedures.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to identify issues outside scope of project and refer to appropriate individuals.
- Must be able to travel minimum of 50%.
- Good math and technical writing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine testing and/or equipment issues using independent judgment.
- Experience with customer/project management.
- Must be able to improvise based on environmental/infrastructure needs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A