Website U.S. Department of State
Located in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA). Serves in PM/WRA’s Program Management Division and reports to the Branch Chief for AF-EUR-NEA programs. The incumbent serves as a Conventional Weapons Destruction (CWD) program expert, managing a complex portfolio of bilateral and regional CWD programs around the world.
- Following obligation of funds, oversees CWD program implementation by grantees, contractors, and other business partners.
- Conducts in-depth onsite CWD program reviews at any location world-wide to verify implementer reporting, reviews implementer SOPs and practices, evaluates implementer effectiveness and efficiency, and inventory implementer-held USG-owned assets.
- Advises with strategic planning, supports office management, bureau leadership, and other senior U.S. government officials with expert advice and recommendations
- Evaluates and manages the development of CWD program plans, establishing desired end states, goals, and objectives that align with integrated country strategies, joint regional strategies, bureau strategies, and WRA’s overarching strategic plan.
- Works closely with embassies and regional bureaus to include CWD equities in strategic plans, mission resource requests, and bureau resource requests.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Statement of Employment & Financial Interest required prior to appointment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A