As a Meat Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market, you will be working in one of the most popular departments in our store! As a Meat Clerk you are responsible for providing a high level of customer service, practicing safe food handling procedures and a high level of product knowledge and preparation techniques. A hands on position, the Meat Clerk receives, stores, and grinds meats; unloads and transports fresh, cured, and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck; counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against an invoice; and examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid aging. A Meat Clerk provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders and needs, while maintaining a positive, customer focused work environment. The Meat Clerk has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store, and is able to perform and follow our “Clean as You Go” and “Fresh at 4” Programs. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights and measures regulations, and company recipes
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area, and perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A