Website Southern Company
This position is responsible for field work, drawing, estimating, and processing all paperwork associated with providing overhead and underground service to customers. Working with developers, builders, inspectors, and contractors is an integral part of the job process. A great deal of interaction with external customers is expected.
Successful candidates must communicate well and use those skills to help enhance customer value. Candidates must exhibit a positive questioning attitude and build trust with the team as we continue to enhance our culture of diversity and inclusion.
Job responsibilities include the general support of the engineering and line departments, which will include thorough knowledge of the distribution system. Candidate will be responsible for estimating monthly blankets, field investigations of orders, creation of residential loading sheets, team support of residential load analysis, and other engineering duties as needed. Candidate will be required to participate in the “on call” rotation and be available after hours for trouble response.
Please feel free to reach out to the hiring supervisor through email if any clarification is needed on this job posting.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Some college or technical certification is a plus
- General engineering and construction knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of electrical operations, distribution systems, underground, and overhead construction practices preferred
- Experience designing and estimating distribution facilities preferred
- Experience with drafting, engineering and line design software, GIS products, load estimating tools (specifically in residential loading) preferred,.
- Experience with JETS, ARMS, Socket, AutoCAD, GIS products, CSS, CIT, iCLEAR and LEADS tools preferred.
- Good computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel preferred
- Ability to work with customers and others as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Effective, proactive oral and written communication skills
- Must be an effective negotiator who can protect our interests while serving the customer’s needs
- Duties includes being available for emergency assistance outside of normal work hours, weekends, holidays, and extended out of town storm duty
- Candidate should be available for response within a reasonable amount of time
- TECH test is required (either you must have passed the test previously OR otherwise, if you meet the requirements for the position, you will be invited to take the TECH test.)
Company: Southern Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roswell, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A