Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a trendsetter in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and medical information technology. We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and aspiring individuals to join our Customer Service Engineer Apprenticeship based in the North Yorkshire area of England and beginning in September 2022. This engineering apprenticeship will involve dedicated training on your journey to becoming a skilled Customer Service Engineer in the healthcare industry and offers a favourable apprenticeship salary and benefits.
In this Customer Service Engineer Apprenticeship role, you will join our field-based engineering team of approximately 200 engineers and be ultimately responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining our medical systems. You will provide vital technical service support to our customers and work at hospital sites throughout the UK, initially focusing on customer sites within North Yorkshire and surrounds. Upon completion of the apprenticeship and subject to a good training record, you will be offered a full-time position in Siemens Healthineers as a Customer Service Engineer with the opportunity of further education and product training.
- Travel to customer sites in to North Yorkshire and Teeside area
- Visit the Siemens Healthineers Customer Care Centre in Camberley, Surrey
- Attend other Siemens manufacturing sites across the country on temporary short-term assignments
- Travel abroad to the Siemens Training Centres in Germany and the US as required
- Attend a local college and work towards achieving a Level 3 Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- You will also require excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to work within a team-focused environment.
- In addition, you must demonstrate attention to detail as the role requires the diagnosis and repair of complex mechanical and electrical problems on high-tech medical products with a need to fix the problem the first time.
- An interest in ‘fixing and making things’ and a good level of computer literacy is also desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A