Shell employs some 82,000 people in around 100 counties. Shell Chemicals make and supply a range of petrochemicals to large industrial customers who, in turn, use them as the building blocks of our modern world; plastics, coatings, paints and detergents. With cutting edge technology and a multi-billion-dollar turnover, the companies that make up Shell Chemicals number among the largest petrochemicals operations in the world. At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the worlds need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together. Role Specifics Shell Chemical is returning to the Polyethylene business after several years of absence, this role is an opportunity to become a part of the team focused on building a world class global business and organization. This position is critical to the mission of team and can provide opportunity for future growth into polyethylene business leadership roles, and will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This role can be based in Houston or other major US hubs for the right candidates. Experience in Polyethylene or Polymer sales is important, as the candidate will be expected to deal with senior leaders at larger volume accounts with multiple manufacturing sites.
- Develop and Maintain strong relationships with large corporate PE customers at multiple organizational levels (CEO, VP, Procurement, Plant Management, etc.) and multiple delivery locations.
- Solicit PE sales monthly at large corporate accounts, overseeing the end to end customer experience, from volume, order entry, pricing, delivery, credit, product quality, etc. while maximizing value to Shell PE.
- Exhibit behaviors of external focus, commercial mindset, delivery, and speed resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
- Take growth as a top priority and spend significant time hunting new, as well as managing existing, accounts.
- Make joint visits to customers and prospects with more junior team members while facilitating coaching sessions for their further development.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the commercial business by providing recommendations and market intelligence on customers, competitors, market trends, etc. to the commercial management team.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree; in Engineering or Chemistry is helpful, but relevant industry experience is more critical.
- Mastery of deal making with a variety of PE accounts (size, end use) will be needed. Strong Health Safety Environmental orientation required.
- Experience with cross functional teams in resolving complex issues that improve customer satisfaction levels preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high quality results.
- Displays decisiveness and courage when faced with ambiguity and tough choices. Proven external mindset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A