The Shaw In-Home Team is focused on connecting its customers to the world through a best-in-class, increasingly needed and expected always-on, seamless connectivity experience. Shaw has created a fast, expansive, and resilient networks to power it. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. As an In-Home Technician, you will be the face of this experience In Home Techs at Shaw Communications love to provide a great customer experience and are driven to make customers for life. They have excellent interpersonal skills; they love technology and are self motivated. They solve problems on the fly while being detail oriented. Our goal is to improve customer service at Shaw by leaps and bounds. We work to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work. If you have superior customer service skills with some technical ability, this could be your calling.
- Detect, diagnose and correct issues affecting the services of our customers in a safe and controlled manner
- Respond to and resolve customer service issues arising from the installation and operation of the Shaw High-Speed Internet, Digital Phone, and/or cable services with an extreme emphasis on one-call resolution
- Complete all routine service calls independently as well as work with other technical staff as required to ensure the correction of customer problems in an effective and timely manner
- Exchange and collect Shaw equipment to ensure our products are performing at an optimal level
- Maintain accurate inventory information of customer premise equipment
- Maintain a working knowledge of:
- Relevant role related tools and test equipment
- Diagnostic and fault-finding skills of all service from tap to device
- Demonstrate, promote, and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw’s products and services while providing superior customer service
- Ensure branch target customer experience expectations are met at every visit.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (GDL not acceptable) and provide an annual driver’s abstract
- Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag utility access hole covers 1 – 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings and weekends
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Albert, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A