Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Director, Program Quality, the incumbent is responsible for providing consultative and training services to faculty and management in the design, development and delivery of academic programming. The incumbent will work with and advise Deans, Chairs and faculty on the application of evidenced-based and Universal Design for Learning principles to design, develop, evaluate and revise courses and programs. The incumbent will also manage and evaluate staff working on program development and renewal.
- Manage and evaluate the work of staff in academic program development and renewal.
- Ensure the integrity of the program modification process at Seneca by reviewing the accuracy, currency and completeness of all major and minor academic program changes. Communicate the permissible program changes aligned with external and internal requirements.
- Ensure courses and course materials maintain constructive alignment and adhere to academic standards and guidelines.
- Assist with program-level curriculum reviews for all levels of credentials.
- Draw from current literature and comparative analysis of methods in use in the post-secondary sector to develop and maintain policies, procedures, documentation, communications, orientation guides, and professional development and/or other requirements for the program review processes and accompanying templates.
- Develop and deliver training on writing strong program and course learning outcomes.
- Identify and support curriculum requirements and Program Learning Outcomes related to cyclical program review, provincial program standards, undergraduate degree level expectations and the Ontario Qualifications Framework.
- Manage projects related to the development and constructive alignment of learning outcomes, learning activities and assessment at credential-appropriate levels, ensuring Seneca quality standards are met and processes are followed.
- Track and report progress of program development to Chairs and Director, Program Quality. Provide deadlines for deliverables to Chairs and faculty.
- Superior interpersonal skills including strong consultative skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team with students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Extensive knowledge of pedagogy and teaching and learning strategies including familiarity with teaching and learning literature and research and scholarship methodologies in teaching and learning.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience researching, designing, delivering, evaluating and refining academic quality assurance services and resources in a post-secondary teaching and learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing curriculum development activities.
- A completed Master’s Degree in Education or in related field, with relevant experience in academic program development, curriculum design, and faculty development in postsecondary education context. If education is in a related field, please advise how it is relevant.
- PhD in a related discipline is preferred.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A