Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Chair, School of Early Childhood Education (ECE), the Professor will be responsible for providing academic leadership in the classroom and within the School of ECE, ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students. This position may require teaching day and evening classes.
Responsible for teaching courses within the curriculum program at the diploma and degree level. Courses taught, include but are not limited to diversity and social justice, science, art, music, and integrated curriculum.
- Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
- Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors’ teaching assignments.
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach, and evaluation techniques.
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers, and students.
- Defining course objectives and evaluating and validating these objectives.
- Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experience, and field trips.
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses.
- Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ increasingly progressive experience within the field of early education and family support
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multicultural student and staff population, and has an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Demonstrated ability to work from a trauma informed and anti-oppressive lens.
- An established network of industry professionals that can enhance the learning experience of students through joint projects.
- Ph.D in early education curriculum, education curriculum or related field.
- RECE designation in good standing preferred.
- Innovative and demonstrated initiative
- Demonstrated ability to teach indigenous content to both Indigenous and non- Indigenous students.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A