Website Seneca College
Reporting to the Chair of the School of Marketing, the professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering courses within the Faculty of Communication, Arts, and Design (FCAD) ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
- Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors’ teaching assignments.
- Defining course objectives, and evaluating and validating these objectives.
- Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Minimum of five years of related industry experience
- Previous experience with adult education or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with curriculum development and design is an asset
- Strong teaching abilities and leadership skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Working knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. Blackboard) is an asset
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A