Website Sefton Council
Supervise and inspect external Contractors undertaking planned and reactive street lighting and UTC maintenance repairs, and the installation of new Highway Electrical equipment.
- Drive and operate Council supplied vehicles.
- Communicate effectively (written and verbally), ensuring all reports and instructions are completed correctly and concisely.
- Review and investigation of 3rd Party damage and / or RTC damage of Highway Electrical equipment.
- Ensure Contractors working on the highway electrical equipment comply with all relevant standards and regulations, such as BS7671 Wiring Regulations, Chapter 8,
- Health & Safety and CDM, this list is not exhaustive. This will include review of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Identification of faults / defects on highway electrical equipment. Recording such faults onto an electronic fault management system. Issuing work instructions to Contractors.
- Assist with entering inventory updates onto the Councils electronic fault management / asset management system.
- Supervise and inspect external Contractors undertaking planned and reactive maintenance repairs and installation of new, street lighting, illuminated traffic signs,
- illuminated bollards, cable duct networks and traffic signals equipment.
- Complete audit electrical testing and commissioning of highway electrical equipment following installation or repair. Audit testing to be carried out in accordance with methods and procedures set out in the current publication of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Provide office cover when required for colleagues within the team.
- Represent the Council as case holder / professional witness in court proceedings.
Company: Sefton Council
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Liverpool, GB
Application Deadline: N/A