Website Royal Caribbean
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Theatrical Production for Celebrity Cruises, the Manager, Production & Events is primarily responsible to manage the production rehearsal and install process, as well as the day to day logistical responsibilities of running our entertainment rehearsal studio in North Miami. They will schedule, contract and manage the Install, Vocal, Dance and Aerial Directors for rehearsals and cast installs. The Manager, Production & Events will also liaison between the Shipboard Production Department – Stage and Production Managers, Technical Directors, Cruise Directors and our shoreside leadership team, during an install of a new cast and throughout their contract.
The Manager, Production & Events will support our shipboard production department throughout their contracts focusing on cast and production needs including maintenance of props/costumes, upkeep of set and overall production logistics. They will work with our entertainment reporting database to track the progress and update all key responsible parties accordingly. They will also be responsible for forecasting and managing the studio expenses and production budgets and cast salaries.
- Oversees production process and logistics for the safe and efficient operation of show rehearsals, cast installation, studio operations and events.
- Manages overall operations and scheduling for rehearsal studios including cast rehearsals, schedule production team vendors, and presentations, aerial training, maintenance calls and events.
- Liaise with shipboard and shoreside personnel to create clear, concise and comprehensive production schedules for production rehearsals and new show and cast installations, distributed to all team members in a timely fashion.
- Forecasts and manages expense tracking for studio and production budget.
- Responsible for the safe running of all rehearsals in the entertainment studio in North Miami.
- Ensures casts and traveling production teams have appropriate travel documentation and visas and are in compliance with medical requirements.
- Oversees correct input of cast salaries into the system.
- Oversees cast and production team’s onboarding, orientation and training processes.
- Maintains the integrity of the production shows and events produced by Celebrity Cruises in collaboration with our shipboard and shoreside teams.
- Reviews and provides action plan follow up for all reports including, but not limited to, installation, end of voyage reports, maintenance, personnel and performer flying/automation reports.
- Supervise and manage performance of the production casts and install team during the rehearsal process.
- Conducts regular staff meetings for effective and clear communication and team alignment within the rehearsal and install process.
- Ensures music and lighting for all rehearsals are appropriate by carrying out regular studio walks in addition to attending and managing rehearsals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Entertainment, Theatrical Management (Stage, Technical or Production), Arts Administration or a minimum of five (5) year’s comparable work experience in the entertainment or cruise industry with an emphasis in managing the production process and daily operations for shipboard and shoreside teams
- Expert knowledge of entertainment production process including, but not limited to, timeline creation and management, production and operating budget forecasting and management, negotiating, vendor/partner procurement and management, approval process management and rollout scheduling
- Strong budget forecasting, expense tracking and management skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management, groups of managers, employees, staff and vendors; Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timelines
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard and shoreside employees to resolve challenges and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and priorities
Company: Royal Caribbean
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A