Website Royal Caribbean
Reporting to the VP, Entertainment for Celebrity Cruises, The Director, Entertainment Experience is responsible to advance, deliver and uphold the strategic vision and direction for the onboard entertainment experience while managing fleet operations both shoreside and shipboard.
Works closely with the VP, Entertainment in the planning and development of future entertainment experiences strategy for Celebrity Cruises.
The Director, Entertainment Experience provides leadership, direction, guidance and development for shoreside and shipboard teams and ensures performance standards are met by departmental employees and exceptional guest experience is delivered in alignment with our brand.
Under guidance of the VP, Entertainment, oversees the creation, development process and execution of new entertainment experiences and programs, including, but not limited to guest activities, youth program and enrichment programming.
Ensures highest level of onboard entertainment staff is sourced and developed to ensure our guests receive an elevated, luxury experience.
Forecasts and oversees capital and operating budgets.
- Source, manage, schedule and develop top-level Cruise Directors who possess our brand values. Set fleet standards, auditing tools and procedures to ensure highest level of guest satisfaction to meet and exceed ratings benchmarks.
- Leads conceptualization, development and execution of innovative entertainment experiences and activities including potential partnerships that keep our brand on the leading edge of the industry while driving guest satisfaction.
- Oversees fleetwide youth program strategy, development and management ensuring focus on enhancing our junior cruisers experience while providing a safe and secure environment.
- Oversees enrichment program, working cross-functionally to ensure speakers offer an exceptional experience targeting luxury guests
- Oversees fleetwide entertainment broadcast strategy and programming operations including, but not limited to, channel strategy, internally produced content, partner management and repair and maintenance.
- Leads planning, production process and team calendar for departmental projects, collaborating with internal departments and external vendors.
- Forecasts and oversees management of capital and operating budgets. Manages 5-year capital plan and capital request submissions.
- Researches, vets and leads RFP process for industry-leading partners and vendors to create new and innovative entertainment experiences for
- Celebrity Cruises. Must have extensive understanding of what’s new in entertainment industry to help create elevated programming that aligns with our brand.
- Collaborates with Legal and Finance teams to develop most cost-effective and favorable contracts for production, partnerships and vendors, ensuring any licensing requirements are met.
- Leading teams during creation and installation process to ensure projects are executed in compliance with policies, safety and brand standards.
- Oversees creation and implementation of departmental policies and procedures, ensuring safety standards are met and policies are appropriately recorded.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Entertainment, Arts Administration or a minimum of seven (7) year’s comparable work experience in the entertainment or cruise industry with an emphasis in developing and managing entertainment programs, creative development and daily operations for shipboard and shoreside teams
- Expert knowledge of entertainment programming development process including, but not limited to, timeline creation and management, production and operating budget forecasting and management, negotiating, vendor/partner procurement and management, approval process management and rollout scheduling
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset, forward-thinker who acts with a sense of urgency and is on the pulse of trends within entertainment experiences, youth programming and the cruise industry
- Strong budget forecasting, tracking and management skills
- Proven track record of developing and launching successful large-scale entertainment experiences and programs within budget
- Excellent business communication skills both verbally and in writing; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, analytics reports and legal documents
- Ability to write, and create comprehensive reports, presentations, RFPs, business correspondence and department policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management, groups of managers, employees, staff and customers; Proficiency in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to build and maintain successful business relationships throughout the department, the company as a whole and with external vendors
Company: Royal Caribbean
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A